Widespread rainfall of 8' or more has been observed over the last week.
The central part of the nation will continue to experience extremely heavy rain, severe storms, and widespread flooding not only this week but next as well.
The forecast over the next week is calling for up to 3" of rainfall over a large area of the Central U.S. adding to already very wet conditions and flooding in the region.
NOAA is calling for a moderate to weak risk of heavy precipitation over the Central U.S. between May 30th-June 5th. Slight risk has a likelihood of 20%-40% and Moderate risk has a likelihood of occurrence of 40%-60%.
9 out of the 12 states will see state-wide temperatures below normal over the next couple of weeks. WY, SD, NE, KS, OK, IA, and MO will see a average statewide accumulated precipitation above 2.0″. NM will see very little precipitation but below-normal temps.